Yoga is the best way to connect with your inner soul. It rejuvenates your mind and body in a holistic way. There is an array of Yoga Programs designed to suit the needs of every individual. Considering the modern day lifestyle, most people are suffering from obesity. One can set a goal to lose weight with two simple steps- the first one is to eat healthy food that is rich in nutrition and the second one is to use the science of Yoga. Yoga is ideal for those who are busy and yet want to stay fit. A particular set of yoga asanas is really effective for weight loss, especially the Surya Namaskar. It not only enables you to lose weight but also helps to relax the muscles. At Dynamic Yoga Studio, there is a dedicated yoga program specially designed for weight loss.
Build strength from the inside out as we help you tone the lower belly and abdominal wall. Find tone and shape in the muscles of the arm as we work on balance and stability!
Yoga is comparatively much better than conventional exercises for weight loss as it removes the underlying reasons for obesity in the following manner
- Regular practice of yoga is an ideal exercise for everybody to obtain a well proportioned body & helps to maintain discipline in life.
- Yoga helps you control your mind, strengthen your will power for weight loss & restraint in eating/ drinking/ sleeping.
- Regular practice of yoga helps proper functioning of endocrine glands; fine tunes your metabolism, strengthens the muscles & also improves blood circulation.
Reduction through Yoga
What to do?
- There are various Yoga asana like Paschimottanasana, Bhujangasana, Halasana, Dhanurasana, Veerasana, Trikonasana, Ardha Matsyendrasana which are specially meant for weight reduction.
- In case of a thyroid patient and you have abnormally gained weight. One can must go for Sarvangasana and Matasyasana for checking on the hormonal secretion of thyroid gland
- Regular Yoga Asanas done with Sun salutation (Surya Namaskar) is also very helpful in weight reduction.
- Practicing Pranayamas for like Kapalabhatti, Anuloma-Viloma and Bhastrika not only help in weight reduction but equally helps in achieving a better muscle tone and endurance.
Additional tips for Weight Loss
- Maintain the habit of 30 minutes of Yoga Poses every day & also include 20 minutes of rapid brisk walking.
- One can maintain a diet of not more than 1500 calories per day
- Avoid fried, oily food, fast food, junk food and processed food.
- Cooking habits and diet are very difficult to change.
- Do exercise regularly and lead a normal life.
- Take fruits and vegetables as they have only few calories and are easy to digest.
- Take low calorie meals every two hours, 5 to 6 times a day.