Why Corporate Yoga?
Corporate Yoga classes are a great way to improve workplace morale, increase productivity and bring everyone together to do something fun as a group. Yoga can be a welcome break to a busy work day or a relaxing way to de-stress at the end of the day.
Stress and strain of odd working hours along with sedentary life style takes its toll on health. Many of the life style diseases progress silently without alarming one of the imminent risks. Lifestyle related health problems like Obesity, Diabetes, Heart conditions, High Cholesterol, Backache, Cervical, Cancers, Osteoporosis, Thyroid related problems, High Blood Pressure, Kidney problems may have life-threatening consequences. Various factors like sitting posture, multi-tasking, long working hours on computer, talking on phone while typing, irregular eating habits, rigorous travel, night shifts/ odd working hours etc. brings lot of health hazards.
How Yoga Helps?
Unlike other exercise routines Yoga is low impact, improves strength and flexibility, builds concentration, and reduces mental and physical stress and tension. In addition, yoga is known to eradicate fatigue and generate energy, all of which lead to increased productivity and morale – perfect for the corporate environment.
Benefits of Corporate Yoga
- Increased productivity
- Decreased health care premiums
- Reduced staff turnover
- Reduced employee absenteeism
- Higher job satisfaction among employees
- More respect for senior management of companies
- More attractive to potential employees seeking employment with your company
- Reduced stress, anxiety & depression
- Increased energy and decreased fatigue
- Improved memory, focus and concentration
- Stronger muscles and increased flexibility
- Improved posture
- Improved overall health and reduced risk for diseases, including cancer
- A quiet, comfortable space large enough to use (boardroom, lunchroom, spare office, A/V room, gymnasium, etc.)
- Each person will need a yoga mat, comfortable clothing and a water bottle